- Married her high-school sweetheart, veteran newscaster John Marshall, in 1968.
- Based on advice from actress Julie Harris, whom she interviewed for her school paper, applied to Yale School of Drama straight out of high school. Harris would later play her mother in Knots Landing.
- Has done voice-over work for various cartoons, including Spider-Woman and Thundarr the Barbarian.
- Avid runner who competed in the 1979 Boston marathon; ran the Los Angeles Marathon in 2011 to raise money for Japan.
- Active in a number of charities, including the Los Angeles Mission, who provide hope to homeless men and women; and the Children's Diabetes Foundation.
- 1971, Tony — Actress, Supporting or Featured (Dramatic): Nominee
- Carroll Van Ark — Father
- Carol Kuykendall — Sister
- Dorothy Jean — Mother
- Dexter Van Ark — Brother
- Vanessa Marshall — Daughter
- John Marshall — Husband
- Mark Van Ark — Brother
- Yale University, School of Drama, New Haven, Connecticut, United States (1964)
- Birth Place: New York, New York, United States
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Yvonne Strahovski discusses the show's look