With her smart English accent, arched eyebrows and authoritative air, this no-nonsense disciplinarian became a star doling out tough love on TV. After years of experience as a children's caregiver, Frost was plucked from obscurity to star on the British reality series Supernanny in 2004. The next year she debuted in an American incarnation of the show, which was an instant hit. Several parenting books, including the best seller Supernanny: How to Get the Best From Your Children, a short-lived magazine and many talk-show appearances soon followed. Her follow-up UK series, Jo Frost: Extreme Parental Guidance continued her work with troubled families, focusing on topics such as sleep issues, ADHD and body image.
- Was an avid horseback rider as a child; is allergic to dogs.
- Was a nanny for 16 years before answering a newspaper ad that led to an audition for a reality series; Supernanny kicked off in the UK in 2004, the U.S. version followed in 2005.
- A second parenting show, Jo Frost: Extreme Parental Guidance, airs in the UK.
- When writing her best-selling book Supernanny: How to Get the Best From Your Children, she was without a typewriter or computer; facing a deadline, she dictated more than 70 hours of material over the phone to an editor.
- Other books include Ask Supernanny: What Every Parent Wants to Know and Jo Frost's Confident Baby Care.
- Is single with no children.
- Michael Frost — Father
- Matthew Frost — Brother
- Joa Frost — Mother
- Birth Place: London, England
- Birthday: June 27, 1970, Cancer
- Profession: Reality TV host, Nanny
- User Rating:
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Wayward Pines: Do Not Discuss Your Life Before
- 5. The Voice: Live Finale, Part 2
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. The Blacklist: Tom Connolly