- Originally aspired to be an evangelistic singer.
- Caught the acting bug in high school when he played the dad in Bye Bye Birdie.
- Attended Oklahoma Baptist University on a music scholarship, but departed for Los Angeles after a couple of years.
- Big break came when he landed the role of Monroe Ficus on Too Close for Comfort in 1980.
- Famously paired with Tammy Faye Messner for a 1996 talk show titled The Jim J. and Tammy Faye Show.
- Has played five different roles in theatrical productions of Hairspray, most notably on Broadway as Wilbur Turnblad.
- Is an active AIDS advocate and has been HIV-positive for more than 20 years.
- Ernest Bullock — Father
- Beryl Bullock — Mother
- Attended Oklahoma Baptist University, Shawnee, OK
- Birth Name: James Jackson Bullock
- Birth Place: Casper, WY
- Birthday: February 9, 1955, Aquarius
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The Pretty Little Liars star and creator recall their wildest -- and sometimes incredilbly uncomfortable -- encounters with fans