Jimmy Kimmel Celebrity
Born in Brooklyn and raised in Las Vegas, this quick-witted funnyman honed his comic skills at radio stations across the country before becoming the cohost of the unconventional game show Win Ben Stein's Money in 1997, scoring a Daytime Emmy for the progra… (more)
Birth Name: James Christian Kimmel
Birth Place: Brooklyn, New York, United States
Birthday: November 13, 1967, Scorpio
Profession: Talk-show host, Writer, Producer
Born in Brooklyn and raised in Las Vegas, this quick-witted funnyman honed his comic skills at radio stations across the country before becoming the cohost of the unconventional game show Win Ben Stein's Money in 1997, scoring a Daytime Emmy for the program in the process. During his tenure, Kimmel and his former radio cohort Adam Carolla created and hosted their own signature series in 1997 titled The Man Show, a testosterone-charged affair that celebrated drinking beer, watching sports and ogling women bouncing on trampolines. In 2003, he made the leap from cable to network TV with his own eponymous late-night show, Jimmy Kimmel Live, a prank-packed chatfest boasting a hip atmosphere. His behind-the-camera pursuits blossomed as well, as this cofounder of the Jackhole Industries production company produced the shows Crank Yankers and The Andy Milonakis Show. Off-screen, he was involved in an on-and-off relationship with hipster comedienne Sarah Silverman, but the couple reportedly split up in 2009. In addition, Kimmel considers his idol to be fellow talk-show host David Letterman.
- Fired from morning radio shows in Seattle, Tampa, Tucson and Phoenix at the start of his career.
- Won a Daytime Emmy in 1999 for Outstanding Game Show Host for Win Ben Stein's Money.
- Created, wrote and co-hosted Comedy Central's The Man Show with Adam Carolla in 1999.
- Runs his own production company, Jackhole Industries, with Daniel Kellison and Carolla.
- Produced the shows Crank Yankers, The Adam Carolla Project and The Andy Milonakis Show.
- His idol is David Letterman.
- Was asked if he sees himself as "the modern-day Hugh Hefner" in a Comedy Central webchat promoting The Man Show. He replied, "Not really. His life is much better than mine. I'm more of a modern-day Hugh Downs."
- Served as a sports prognosticator on Fox NFL Sunday.
- Hosted the American Music Awards no less than five times.
- Has the sleep disorder narcolepsy.
- 2015, Writers Guild Awards — Comedy/Variety (Including Talk) - Series: Nominee
- 2012, Emmy — Outstanding Variety Series: Nominee
- 2013, Emmy — Outstanding Variety Series: Nominee
- 2013, Emmy — Outstanding Writing for a Variety Series: Nominee
- 2014, Emmy — Outstanding Variety Series: Nominee
- 2015, Producers Guild Awards — Outstanding Producer of Live Entertainment & Talk Television: Nominee
- Katherine Kimmel — Daughter
- Sal Iacono — Cousin
- Gina Kimmel — Ex-wife
- Kevin Kimmel — Son
- Joan Kimmel — Mother
- Jill Kimmel — Sister
- Jim Kimmel — Father
- Molly McNearney — Wife
- Jonathan Kimmel — Brother
- Sarah Silverman — Ex-significant Other
- Jane Kimmel — Daughter
- Attended University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada, United States; attended Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, United States
Trending TonightSee all »
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $1.99 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $0.00 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
By Sony Pictures Home EntertainmentUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $22.99 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)