Jimmy Buffett Celebrity
- Father worked as a naval architect in the Gulf of Mexico region and himself was the son of a sailor.
- Was assistant Southern editor of Billboard magazine.
- Founded Save the Manatee Club in 1981 and Singing for Change charitable foundation in 1995.
- Has been a member of the Greenpeace Foundation (honorary director) and the Cousteau Society.
- Billionaire investor Warren Buffett is a distant cousin.
- Collaborated in 1995 with Pulitzer Prize winner Herman Wouk, known for epic novels like The Caine Mutiny and The Winds of War, to create a musical adaptation of Don't Stop the Carnival.
- In 1996, Jamaican police mistook Buffett's sea plane for that of a drug smuggler and shot at the craft, which also carried U2's Bono.
- Served as a correspondent for Rolling Stone magazine in 1998, covering Pope John Paul II's visit to Cuba.
- That same year, his autobiography, A Pirate Looks at 50, made him one of a handful of authors to reach the top of the New York Times' best-selling books list for both fiction and non-fiction; he joined the likes of Hemingway and Steinbeck.
- Was involved in a temporary naming-rights deal for the former Dolphins Stadium in Miami in 2009.
- In 2010, performed a free concert---which also featured such acts as Jesse Winchester and Kenny Chesney---in response to an oil disaster that devastated the Gulf Coast.
- In 2011, was hospitalized with a head injury after falling from a stage while performing in Australia.
- 2004, CMT Music Awards — Flameworthy Collaborative Video of the Year: Nominee
- 2005, CMT Music Awards — Collaborative Video of the Year: Nominee
- 2012, CMT Music Awards — Collaborative Video of the Year: Nominee
- 2011, CMT Music Awards — CMT Performance of the Year: Winner
- 2007, CMT Music Awards — Wide Open Country Video of the Year: Nominee
- 2004, CMT Music Awards — Flameworthy Video of the Year: Nominee
- Mary Loraine Buffett — Mother
- Loraine Marie — Sister
- Lucy Ann — Sister
- Sarah Delaney Buffett — Daughter
- James Delaney Buffett Jr. — Father
- Jane Slagsvol — Wife
- Savannah Jane Buffett — Daughter
- Margie Washichek — Ex-wife
- Cameron Marley Buffett — Son
- Attended Auburn University, Auburn, AL; attended Pearl River Community College, Hattiesburg, MS; University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS (BS in History, 1969)
Trending TonightSee all »
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $9.99 (as of 9:09 PM UTC - more info)
By Polygram VideoUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $24.99 (as of 9:09 PM UTC - more info)
By Alfred MusicUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $18.88 (as of 9:09 PM UTC - more info)