- Discovered a talent for comedic writing while enrolled in an English class at a post high-school educational program.
- During the early years of his stand-up comedy career, he emceed at venues like the Apollo Theater in New York and the Uptown Theater in Philadelphia, PA.
- Dubbed "Comedian of the Decade" by Time magazine in 1969.
- First major TV appearance was in 1973 on Jack Paar Tonite.
- Helped coin the Good Times catch phrase "Dyn-o-mite," which was also the title of his 1975 comedy album.
- Wrote Dynomite!: Good Times, Bad Times, Our Times—A Memoir in 2012.
- 1976, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 1975, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- Beverly Walker — Sister
- James Carter Walker Sr. — Father
- Lorena Walker — Mother
Season 3, Episode 11
- Birth Name: James Carter Walker Jr.
- Birth Place: Bronx, NY
- Birthday: June 25, 1947, Cancer
- Profession: Writer, Comedian, Actor