- Released her double-platinum debut album, Who Is Jill Scott? Words and Sounds Vol. 1, in 2000.
- Named one of People magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People in 2001.
- Founded the Blues Babe Foundation, an organization that provides scholarships to college-bound students in the greater Philadelphia area, in 2002.
- Released a book of poetry, The Moments, the Minutes, the Hours: The Poetry of Jill Scott, in 2005.
- Made her feature-film debut playing Big Momma Thornton in the controversial 2007 drama Hounddog.
- Founded Blues Babe Foundation, named for her grandmother, to assist students, both academically and artistically, in the Philadelphia area.
- 2004, Grammy — Best Urban/Alternative Performance: Winner
- 2006, Grammy — Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance: Winner
- 2007, Grammy — Best Urban/Alternative Performance: Winner
- Mike Dobson — Husband
- Blue Babe — Grandmother
- Joyce Scott — Mother
- Lil' John Roberts — Ex-fiancé
- Jett Hamilton Roberts — Son
- Lyzel Williams — Ex-husband
- Attended Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
- Birth Place: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
- Birthday: April 4, 1972, Aries
- Profession: Singer, Poet, Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Sterling K. Brown's story will blow your mind