- Was raised in Alaska.
- Lived in a van in San Diego while she played coffeehouses and wrote songs; was signed by Atlantic Records at the age of 18.
- Her debut album, Pieces of You, was certified 11 times platinum.
- Won an American Music Award for Best New Artist in 1995.
- Published a book of poetry, A Night Without Armor, in 1998, and the personal journal Chasing Down the Dawn in 2000.
- After making her breakthrough with folk-pop music, changed direction to release a country album, Perfectly Clear, in 2008 and a children's album, Lullaby, in 2009.
- Was slated to appear as a contestant on Season 8 of Dancing With the Stars but had to drop out after suffering stress fractures in both legs.
- Is a supporter and founding member of the humanitarian non-profit Higher Ground for Humanity.
- Nedra Carroll — Mother
- Ty Murray — Husband (separated)
- Atz Kilcher — Father
- Atz Kilcher Jr. — Brother
- Shane Kilcher — Brother
- Kase Townes Murray — Son
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Jewel Kilcher
- Birth Place: Payson, Utah, United States
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter, TV host
Trending TonightSee all »
Here's how Emily Deschanel, David Boreanaz and the rest of the gang said goodbye.