Jessalyn Gilsig Celebrity
- Launched her acting career at the age of 12, doing voice-over work for animator Co Hoedeman's program Masquerade for the National Film Board of Canada.
- Did voice-overs for Canadian cartoons while attending college.
- After graduating from McGill University, attended the Harvard-sponsored Institute of Advanced Theater Training at the American Repertory Theater for two years, appearing in productions of The Tempest and Tartuffe.
- Made guest appearances in two 1999 episodes of David E. Kelley's legal drama The Practice; Kelley then cast her in his short-lived ABC dramedy Snoops, before writing the role of Lauren Davis on Boston Public specifically for her.
- Originally trained in painting, she worked on the art pieces for Patricia Clarkson's character in the indie drama The Station Agent (2003).
- Speaks fluent French.
- 2009, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Winner
- Toby Gilsig — Father
- Clare Gilsig — Mother
- Bobby Salomon — Husband (separated)
- Penelope Clare Salomon — Daughter
- Deborah Gilsig — Sister
- McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada (BA in English, 1993)
Trending TonightSee all »
By Beachbody Inc.,Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $72.80 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $2.99 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $0.00 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)