- Formed the comedy team Stiller & Meara with his wife, Anne Meara, in the 1950s. They were regulars on the variety-show circuit during the 1960s and '70s, most notably appearing on The Ed Sullivan Show three dozen times.
- Made his Broadway debut in Terence McNally's The Ritz in 1975.
- Produced and performed humorous radio commercials with Meara, including ads for the wine Blue Nun, one of which won a Clio Award in 1975.
- Hosted, along with Meara, a 1993 video on the business of acting, titled So You Want to Be an Actor?
- Roasted by the New York Friars Club in 1999.
- Received an Ellis Island Medal of Honor in 2000.
- In 2000, released the autobiography Married to Laughter: A Love Story Featuring Anne Meara and received a Grammy nomination for Best Spoken Word Album for the audio version of the book.
- Received a star with Meara on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2007.
- In 2010, launched the Yahoo Web series Stiller & Meara, in which the pair discuss current events from their living room. Their son, Ben, produced the segments.
- 1997, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2008, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Acting Ensemble: Winner
- 2007, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Arnold Stiller — Brother
- William Stiller — Father
- Marsha Stiller — Stepmother
- Amy Stiller — Daughter
- Doreen Stiller — Sister
- Ben Stiller — Son
- Maxime Stiller — Brother
- Anne Meara — Wife (deceased)
- Bella Stiller — Mother
- Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York, United States (BS in Speech and Drama, 1950)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Gerald Stiller
- Birth Place: Brooklyn, New York, United States
- Profession: Actor, Comedian
Trending TonightSee all »
The Bones series finale!