Her movies. Her music. Her marriages. Her magnificent rear. This Latina bombshell has many names---J.Lo, Jenny from the Block, La Lopez---and is famous for many reasons. A Bronx native, Lopez studied dance from an early age and got her first taste of the spotlight as a backup dancer on the sketch comedy series In Living Color in the early 1990s. Acting parts on a number of short-lived series followed before she moved on to the big screen as a supporting player. Landing the title role in the 1997 biopic Selena was what jump-started her career. Even though she lip-synched to the slain Tejano singer's voice---an ironic twist considering Lopez was on the cusp of becoming a pop star---the hot actress was praised for her performance. The next year she won critical accolades as a very sexy U.S. marshal in Out of Sight. In 1999, with film offers rolling in, she released her first album, On the 6, which spawned a number of hit singles. She also became a paparazzo's dream when she started stepping out with rap mogul Sean Puffy Combs in a slew of eye-catching outfits. (Remember that green Donatella Versace with the plunging neckline?) The early 2000s were busy for the diva as she made movies, albums and lots of gossip, with a quickie marriage and divorce from dancer Cris Judd, a stormy high-profile romance with Ben Affleck---which spawned the punny nickname "Bennifer" and two subpar movies (Gigli and Jersey Girl). On screen, Lopez was America's sweetheart, starring in a succession of romantic comedies (The Wedding Planner, Maid in Manhattan) even though her own love life was a mess. Then in a surprise move in 2004, she married singer Marc Anthony a few days after his divorce from his first wife became final. The couple celebrated the birth of fraternal twins in 2008. The couple split in 2011.
- First gained attention as a "fly girl" on the Fox hit In Living Color.
- Is the daughter of a computer specialist and a kindergarten teacher.
- Launched a clothing line called JLO by Jennifer Lopez in 2001.
- Also has her own production company, Nuyorican Productions, founded with former manager Benny Medina.
- Became the first actress and singer to have a movie, The Wedding Planner, and an album, J.Lo, make it to No. 1 in the same week.
- Earned $15 million for her role in 2005's Monster-in-Law, making her the highest paid Latina actress in Hollywood at the time.
- Landed on the Forbes list of the Richest 20 Women in Entertainment in 2007.
- Founded the Lopez Family Foundation with her sister Lynda in 2009.
- Launched her first solo world tour, Dance Again, in 2012.
- Performed, with Pitbull and Claudia Leitte, the official song for the 2014 FIFA World Cup, "We Are One (Ole Ola)."
- 1998, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1996, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Supporting Female: Nominee
- Casper Smart — Significant Other
- Lupe Lopez — Mother
- Marc Anthony — Ex-husband
- Ben Affleck — Ex-fiancé
- Lynda López — Sister
- Sean Combs — Ex-significant Other
- David Lopez — Father
- Cris Judd — Ex-husband
- Ojani Noa — Ex-husband
- Leslie Lopez — Sister
- Maximilian David Muñiz — Son
- Emme Maribel Muñiz — Daughter
- Birth Name: Jennifer Lynn Lopez
- Birth Place: Bronx, New York, United States
- Birthday: July 24, 1969, Leo
- Profession: Actor, Singer, Model