Her movies. Her music. Her marriages. Her magnificent rear. This Latina bombshell has many names---J.Lo, Jenny from the Block, La Lopez---and is famous for many reasons. A Bronx native, Lopez studied dance from an early age and got her first taste of the spotlight as a backup dancer on the sketch comedy series In Living Color in the early 1990s. Acting parts on a number of short-lived series followed before she moved on to the big screen as a supporting player. Landing the title role in the 1997 biopic Selena was what jump-started her career. Even though she lip-synched to the slain Tejano singer's voice---an ironic twist considering Lopez was on the cusp of becoming a pop star---the hot actress was praised for her performance. The next year she won critical accolades as a very sexy U.S. marshal in Out of Sight. In 1999, with film offers rolling in, she released her first album, On the 6, which spawned a number of hit singles. She also became a paparazzo's dream when she started stepping out with rap mogul Sean Puffy Combs in a slew of eye-catching outfits. (Remember that green Donatella Versace with the plunging neckline?) The early 2000s were busy for the diva as she made movies, albums and lots of gossip, with a quickie marriage and divorce from dancer Cris Judd, a stormy high-profile romance with Ben Affleck---which spawned the punny nickname "Bennifer" and two subpar movies (Gigli and Jersey Girl). On screen, Lopez was America's sweetheart, starring in a succession of romantic comedies (The Wedding Planner, Maid in Manhattan) even though her own love life was a mess. Then in a surprise move in 2004, she married singer Marc Anthony a few days after his divorce from his first wife became final. The couple celebrated the birth of fraternal twins in 2008. The couple split in 2011. She continued to slip effortlessly between film, music and television, including taking a job as a judge on American Idol, setting up a residency in Las Vegas and starring and producing in her own show on NBC, Shades of Blue.
- First gained attention as a "fly girl" on the Fox hit In Living Color.
- Is the daughter of a computer specialist and a kindergarten teacher.
- Launched a clothing line called JLO by Jennifer Lopez in 2001.
- Also has her own production company, Nuyorican Productions, founded with former manager Benny Medina.
- Became the first actress and singer to have a movie, The Wedding Planner, and an album, J.Lo, make it to No. 1 in the same week.
- Earned $15 million for her role in 2005's Monster-in-Law, making her the highest paid Latina actress in Hollywood at the time.
- Landed on the Forbes list of the Richest 20 Women in Entertainment in 2007.
- Founded the Lopez Family Foundation with her sister Lynda in 2009.
- Launched her first solo world tour, Dance Again, in 2012.
- Performed, with Pitbull and Claudia Leitte, the official song for the 2014 FIFA World Cup, "We Are One (Ole Ola)."
- 2017, People's Choice Awards — Favorite TV Crime Drama Actress: Winner
- 1998, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1996, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Supporting Female: Nominee
- Alex Rodriguez — Significant Other
- Casper Smart — Ex-significant Other
- Maximilian David Muñiz — Son
- Emme Maribel Muñiz — Daughter
- Lupe Lopez — Mother
- Lynda López — Sister
- Ben Affleck — Ex-fiancé
- Leslie Lopez — Sister
- Sean Combs — Ex-significant Other
- Marc Anthony — Ex-husband
- David Lopez — Father
- Cris Judd — Ex-husband
- Ojani Noa — Ex-husband