This Canada-born actress started out as a teen model before landing acting gigs in her native country. In 2000, she moved to the U.S. to begin a four-year stint on the daytime soap The Bold and the Beautiful
before graduating to prime time with a recurring role as a pathologist on Crossing Jordan
. In 2005, Finnigan tried her hand at comedy on the short-lived sitcom Committed
. But in the fall she returned to her dramatic roots, playing a brainy yet beautiful assistant district attorney/new mom on the legal series Close to Home
, which ran for two years. Next up, she landed a lead role on the sitcom Better With You
, opposite her former Committed
costar Josh Cooke. Off screen, Finnigan is married to actor Jonathan Silverman (the two starred in the direct-to-video Beethoven's Big Break
in 2008) and keeps busy with a variety of hobbies, including swing dancing.Jennifer Finnigan Fast Facts:
- Started her career in modeling.
- Won three consecutive Daytime Emmy Awards (in 2002, 2003 and 2004) for playing Bridget Forrester on The Bold and the Beautiful.
- Speaks French fluently.
- Hobbies include creative writing, singing, piano, swing dancing and traveling.
- Starred as a woman caught in a controversial affair in a TV-movie, What Color Is Love?, which aired in 2009 on the Lifetime Movie Network; it touched on the issues of child custody and romance between races.
- Signed on in 2010 as a cast member of the ABC sitcom Better With You.
- Jennifer Finnigan Relationships:
- Jonathan Silverman - Husband
- Jack Finnigan - Father
- Diane Finnigan - Mother