- Began acting as a member of the Mountebanks, the oldest student theater group in the U.S.
- In college, planned to be an engineer.
- Was a member of the National Shakespeare Company and did summer seasons at the Eugene O'Neill Theatre Center.
- Actually voiced O'Neill in the 1983 PBS documentary A Glory of Ghosts.
- Made his Broadway debut in 1976 in Comedians.
- Has appeared in a number of projects for writer-director Frank Darabont, who considers him a "good-luck charm."
- One of his most thrilling acting moments was his scene with James Cagney in 1981's Ragtime.
- Won a Cable ACE Award for his performance in HBO's Citizen X (1995).
- 1995, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or Special: Nominee
- 1999, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 1983, Tony — Actor (Play): Nominee
- Kevin DeMunn — Son
- Ann Sekjaer — Wife
- Violet Paulus DeMunn — Mother
- James DeMunn — Father
- Heather DeMunn — Daughter
- Betty Lutes DeMunn — Stepmother
- Union College, Schenectady, NY (BA in English, 1969); attended Bristol Old Vic Theatre School, Bristol, England
Season 9, Episode 19
- Birth Place: Buffalo, NY
- Birthday: April 25, 1947, Taurus
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: