ABC/Disney could announce Kate Couric's long-rumored syndicated talk show as early as Monday, says The Hollywood Reporter...
Scott Pelley, Katie Couric
Decisions regarding Katie Couric's future at CBS Evening News and any possible replacements have not been determined yet, a source tells TVGuide.com.
On Tuesday, TMZ reported that 60 Minutes correspondent Scott Pelley will succeed Couric as Evening News anchor, but a source tells TVGuide.com that ...
Angela Bromstad, prime time entertainment president of NBC and Universal Media Studios, is leaving the network.
"Today I wanted to let you know that I'm leaving NBC Universal," Bromstad wrote in an e-mail to her staff Thursday, obtained by The Hollywood Reporter. "I cannot possibly sum up my thoughts and emotions in an e-mail but suffice it to say I have tremendous ...
Former Showtime President Robert Greenblatt has been named chairman of NBC Universal TV Entertainment as part of a major companywide restructuring, Deadline reports.
Greenblatt will be responsible for all prime-time and late-night programming and NBC Universal Media Studios, among other duties. Greenblatt comes to NBC after seven years as Showtime chief. During his tenure, Greenblatt helped...
Steve Burke will replace outgoing NBC Universal CEO Jeff Zucker once he steps aside, Comcast and General Electric announced Sunday.
Burke, the chief operating officer at Comcast, was widely expected to fill the role. Zucker announced Friday that he was asked to leave his post once Comcast's acquisition of 51 percent of NBC Universal was complete. The deal is expected to close by year's end...
NBC Universal President and CEO Jeff Zucker said Monday the company has made the right business decision in bringing former Tonight Show host Jay Leno back to his former 11: 35 timeslot, even as the move paves the way out for longtime NBC late-night personality Conan O'Brien.
"We think that Jay — who was the ratings champ in late night for almost 15 years — will go back to 11:35 and be ...
Top NBC executive Dick Ebersol blamed the network's late-night troubles on Conan O'Brien and called The Tonight Show host an "astounding failure," according to The New York Times.
Ebersol, the chairman of NBC Sports and one of the key executives involved in creating Saturday Night Live, accused O'Brien of...
Following General Electric's $37.5 billion merger agreement with Comcast last week, NBC Universal president and CEO Jeff Zucker has signed a deal to stay with the company through 2013, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Comcast, NBC unveil $30 billion merger
With the Comcast deal expected to ...
Comcast will acquire NBC Universal from General Electric in a $30 billion deal announced Thursday that is poised to create a new entertainment powerhouse and reshape the TV landscape.
Comcast — the country's largest cable and Internet provider — will own 51 percent of the entity, while GE will retain the remaining 49 percent.
Christmas at Rockefeller Center lights up as planned
The merger, which has been in talks for months, would give Comcast control over some of NBCU's hottest TV properties as GE will contribute NBCU's portfolio, valued at ...
Harvey Weinstein by Larry Busacca/ WireImage.com, Heidi Klum by Barbara Nitke/Bravo Photo, Jeff Zucker by Virginia Sherwood/NBC Photo
The New York State Supreme Court this month is hearing testimony as it decides if the Weinstein Co. violated a contract by not giving NBC Universal a chance to hold onto Project Runway, which is slated to move from Bravo to Lifetime in November. Remember, NBC U boss Jeff Zucker famously met with Harvey Weinstein on Feb. 22 to discuss the show's fate, when all the while Weinstein had already inked a $20 million-plus deal to give Heidi et al a new, bigger home.Some of the juicy bits disclosed during the court sessions, as reported by the New York Daily News:• Weinstein testified that NBC U paid Tim Gunn nothing during the first season of the show, and a mere $2,500 an episode for Season 2. • Zucker, when questioned about an email he sent directing Bravo to aggressively counterprogram Lifetime's Runway with repeats of previous cycles, shrugged, "I'm a competitive guy." • Weinstein admitted he "disliked Bravo management," though sources tell the tab that "hated" is a more...