- Drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays in the 20th round of the 1989 amateur draft.
- Has connections to all teams currently or formerly located in New York: He played for the Mets, Giants and Dodgers, and was traded from the Blue Jays to the Mets for pitcher David Cone, who pitched a perfect game for the Yankees.
- Hit for the cycle with the Giants in a 9-8 loss to Pittsburgh on May 3, 1999.
- Named National League MVP in 2000.
- Stirred controversy when he broke his wrist during spring training in 2002, claiming it had happened while washing his truck. It was later revealed to have happened while riding a motorcycle. Nonetheless, he returned to hit a career-high 37 home runs that season.
- Retired in 2008 holding the record for home runs as a second baseman with 351 (377 total).
- Tied with Craig Biggio (Houston Astros) for second on the list of Silver Slugger award winners for a second baseman with four---three with the Giants and one with the Dodgers. Ryne Sandberg of the Chicago Cubs is tops with seven.
- Dana Kent — Wife
- Kaeden Thomas Kent — Son
- Hunter Franklin Kent — Son
- Lauren Elizabeth Kent — Daughter
- Colton Ryan Kent — Son
- Attended University of California, Berkeley, CA
- Birth Name: Jeffrey Franklin Kent
- Birth Place: Bellflower, CA
- Birthday: March 7, 1968, Pisces
- Profession: Former MLB player
Trending TonightSee all »
Grey's Anatomy is obviously a big influence on Tay Tay