- Began racing at age 5 on a makeshift track built by his stepfather. By age 6 he was winning events racing a smaller car called a quarter midget.
- Attended the Buck Baker Driving School for stock-car racing.
- Won his first NASCAR Cup Championship in 1995.
- In 1999, created the Jeff Gordon Foundation, which supports children's charities. In 2006, the Jeff Gordon Children's Hospital opened in Concord, NC, and in 2010, his foundation changed its name to the Jeff Gordon Children's Foundation.
- Hosted a 2003 episode of Saturday Night Live.
- Authored Jeff Gordon: Racing Back to the Front — My Memoir (2003).
- Appeared in the films Looney Tunes: Back in Action (2003) and Herbie: Fully Loaded (2005). Provided the voice of an animated car in Cars 2 (2011).
- A fine-wine enthusiast, he partnered with the owner of Briggs & Sons Winemaking Co. to launch a series of wines labeled the Jeff Gordon Collection in the fall of 2005.
- In 2007, became one of the founding members of Athletes for Hope, a nonprofit organization that connects professional athletes with charitable organizations.
- Leo Benjamin Gordon — Son
- Carol Bickford — Mother
- John Bickford — Stepfather
- Ingrid Vandebosch — Wife
- Ella Sofia Gordon — Daughter
- Brooke Sealy — Ex-wife
- Kim — Sister
- Birth Place: Vallejo, California, United States
- Profession: Race Car Driver
Trending TonightSee all »
Chicago P.D. and more