- Worked at IBM for five years in Atlanta before winning the Great Southeastern Laugh-Off comedy competition in 1984.
- Met his future wife the first time he appeared in a comedy club; married her in 1985 in New York's Central Park.
- Inspired to begin his trademark "You might be a redneck if..." routine after seeing valet parking offered at a Detroit bowling alley.
- Named "Best Stand-Up Comic" in 1990 at the American Comedy Awards.
- Received his first Grammy nomination for his 1995 comedy album Games Rednecks Play.
- Headlined his own sitcom, The Jeff Foxworthy Show, on ABC and NBC.
- Has authored over 20 humor books (Hick Is Chic; Learning to Talk More Gooder Fastly) and children's books (Dirt on My Shirt; Hide!!!).
- Appeared on the successful Blue Collar Comedy Tour with Bill Engvall, Larry the Cable Guy and Ron White.
- Served as host of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
- 1996, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Male Performer in a New TV Series: Winner
- Jay Foxworthy — Brother
- Juliane Foxworthy — Daughter
- Pamela Gregg — Wife
- Jennifer Foxworthy — Sister
- Carole Foxworthy — Mother
- Jim Foxworthy — Father
- Jordan Lane Foxworthy — Daughter
- Attended Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Jeffrey Marshall Foxworthy
- Birth Place: Atlanta, GA
- Profession: Actor, Comedian, Writer, Producer
Trending TonightSee all »
We went to Puppy Bowl XIII to speak to the puppies directly about the allegations of certain players illegally eating adult dog food instead of puppy food, the dirtiest fouls to ever stink up the field and so much more
By FawcettBuy New: $6.29
By Mill Creek EntertainmentBuy New: $8.99
By Ballantine BooksBuy New: $6.77