- Of Cherokee descent, her parents once lived on a reservation in Oklahoma.
- Feature-film debut was in the 1953 western The Redhead from Wyoming.
- Her 1984 facelift was incorporated into her storyline as Katherine Chancellor on The Young and the Restless, and footage of the procedure was also featured in the soap.
- Has appeared on screen numerous times with her real-life son Corbin Bernsen. She played his mother on L.A. Law and in the 1992 comedy Frozen Assets.
- Won the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2004 Daytime Emmy Awards for her career on The Young and the Restless, which spanned more than 30 years.
- 1962, Emmy — Outstanding Performance in a Supporting Role by an Actress: Nominee
- 1987, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Performer in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Corbin Bernsen — Son
- Harry Bernsen — Ex-husband
- Caren Bernsen — Daughter
- Collin Bernsen — Son
- Attended College of the Pacific, Stockton, California, United States
- Birth Name: Wilma Jeanne Cooper
- Birth Place: Taft, California, United States
- Died: May 8, 2013
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Not the White House Correspondents' Dinner, American Gods and more