- Her interest in show business was spurred by mime and dancing classes that she took as a child.
- Worked as a model and cabaret singer.
- Debuted on Broadway in 1959 as Hero in Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing.
- Created Upstairs, Downstairs with fellow actor Eileen Atkins.
- Partly based Rose, the character she plays in Upstairs, Downstairs, on her mother, who was a housemaid.
- Is interested in all things French.
- Prefers working on stage rather than on film.
- Earned acclaim in 2011 for her performance in a continuation of Upstairs, Downstairs, which first aired in Great Britain before airing in the U.S. on PBS.
- 1977, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- 1974, Emmy — Best Lead Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1976, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series: Nominee
- 1975, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- 1975, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series: Winner
- 2011, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie: Nominee
- Henry Charles John Marsh — Father
- Yvonne — Sister
- Michael Lindsay-Hogg — Ex-significant Other
- Kenneth Haigh — Ex-significant Other
- Jon Pertwee — Ex-husband
- Emmeline Susannah Nightingale Poppy Marsh — Mother
- Albert Finney — Ex-significant Other
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Place: Stoke Newington, London, England
- Birthday: July 1, 1934, Cancer
- Profession: Actor, Screenwriter
Trending TonightSee all »
And one of Judith Light's most embarrassing moments