- Born in England; her family moved to America when she was 9.
- A 2000 Tony nominee for The Rainmaker, she played both the male and female leads in the drama at 15 in a school acting competition.
- Met husband Michael Gill, also an actor, when they both appeared in a production of The Heiress at New Haven's Long Wharf Theater in 1989.
- Appeared with her 24 cast mate Stephen Spinella in the 2002 Broadway revival of Our Town that featured Paul Newman as the Stage Manager.
- Joined the cast of Criminal Minds in 2007 as Erin Strauss, section chief of the Behavioral Analysis Unit.
- Has appeared in such films as Syriana (2005), Recount (HBO, 2008) and Handsome Harry (2009).
- Twice appeared in productions of Noel Coward's Blithe Spirit (1998 and 2009), playing Ruth both times. Her performances were praised in both versions, though she admitted that, in the first production, she was reluctant to take on the role, finally coming around when she realized how much humor it offered.
- Supports such causes as diversity (via the educational theater company, Fringe Benefits) and international medical assistance (Doctors Without Borders.)
- 2000, Tony — Actress (Play): Nominee
- 2003, Tony — Actress (Play): Nominee
- 2006, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2014, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Lyn Atkinson — Mother
- Michael Gill — Husband
- Jeremy Gill — Son
- Richard Atkinson — Father
- Northwestern University, Evanston, IL (BA in Communications, 1981); attended Yale Drama School, New Haven, CT
- Birth Place: Bournemouth, England
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
We went to Puppy Bowl XIII to speak to the puppies directly about the allegations of certain players illegally eating adult dog food instead of puppy food, the dirtiest fouls to ever stink up the field and so much more