Jaye Davidson Celebrity Watchlist
- Studied ballet as a child.
- Was discovered for his Oscar-nominated role in the 1992 drama The Crying Game while partying ("I said 'no' and staggered off.")
- Had no interest in acting, but was about to become unemployed, and took on the sensational role that famed director Stanley Kubrick told Crying Game director Neil Jordan couldn't be cast.
- Teamed with such veteran actors as Forest Whitaker, Miranda Richardson and Stephen Rea, the untrained Davidson created what the New York Times called "pure magic," determined that "I've got to be really professional, these people are paying me."
- His performance in the film earned him the National Board of Review's "most auspicious newcomer" award.
- After some more acting (including a role in the 1994 science-fiction film Stargate), returned to a fashion-design career.
- 1992, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 1992, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 7. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative