- Mother is actress Talia Shire; uncle is director Francis Ford Coppola; cousin is Nicolas Cage.
- Was vice president of the student council in high school.
- Is a drummer and songwriter.
- Formed the rock band Phantom Planet at age 14; the band's song "California" was chosen as the theme for The O.C.
- Film debut was in Wes Anderson's Rushmore (1998); worked with Anderson again on The Darjeeling Limited (2007) and Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009).
- Received a nomination for Most Promising Actor from the Chicago Film Critics Association for Rushmore.
- Formed the band Coconut Records in 2006.
- Played Louis XVI in the 2006 biopic Marie Antoinette, which was directed by his cousin Sofia Coppola.
- Is a vegetarian.
- 2014, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Talia Shire — Mother
- Robert Schwartzman — Brother
- John Schwartzman — Half Brother
- Francis Ford Coppola — Uncle
- Nicolas Cage — Cousin
- Sofia Coppola — Cousin
- Roman Coppola — Cousin
- Stephanie Schwartzman — Half Sister
- Jack Schwartzman — Father
- Matthew Shire — Half Brother
- Italia Coppola — Grandmother
- Marlowe Rivers Schwartzman — Daughter
- Brady Cunningham — Wife
- Carmine Coppola — Grandfather
- Birth Name: Jason Francesco Schwartzman
- Birth Place: Los Angeles, CA
- Profession: Actor, Musician
Trending TonightSee all »
Can you tell the true spoiler from all the lies?