- Growing up in Ireland, he was an avid rugby player and had no interest in acting until a neck injury sidelined him. During his recovery, he tried out for a school production of The Merchant of Venice and won a role.
- Worked extensively on the stage and for the BBC before making his American TV debut in the miniseries Band of Brothers (2001).
- Met future wife Paige Turco when they starred together in the CBS drama The Agency.
- Became an American citizen on January 26, 2009.
- Stephen O'Mara — Brother
- Paige Turco — Wife
- Stephen O'Mara — Father
- Veronica O'Mara — Mother
- David O'Mara — Son
- Rebecca O'Mara — Sister
- Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland (BA in Drama and Theatre Studies)
Season 1, Episode 1
- Birth Place: Dublin, Ireland
- Birthday: August 6, 1972, Leo
- Profession: Actor