Tall and athletic with a winning smile, this Texas native came to Hollywood after winning a nationwide contest to be a presenter on the 1999 Teen Choice Awards. The very next year, he landed a role on the Gilmore Girls
as Rory's beau and won a strong female fan base. In 2005, his growing popularity led to a starring role on the eerie sci-fi series Supernatural
. Feature film roles followed with parts in such horror flicks as House of Wax
, Cry Wolf
and the Friday the 13th
remake. Off-screen, he found romance with Supernatural
costar Geneieve Cortese.Jared Padalecki Fast Facts:
- Started taking acting lessons when he was 12.
- Won a Claim to Fame contest in 1999 that sent him to the first Teen Choice Awards where he was noticed by an agent.
- Was a candidate for the Presidential Scholars Program in 2000.
- Planned to attend the University of Texas but changed his mind when he won the role of Dean on Gilmore Girls.
- Received information about mythology to prep him for Supernatural from his mom, Sherri, who is a high school heroes, myths and legends teacher.
- Jared Padalecki Relationships:
- Jerry Padalecki - Father
- Sherri Padalecki - Mother
- Jeff Padalecki - Brother
- Megan Padalecki - Sister
- Thomas Colton Padalecki - Son
- Shepherd Padalecki - Son
- Sandra McCoy - Ex-fiancée
- Genevieve Cortese - Wife
- Jared Padalecki Awards:
- 2014 People's Choice Awards: Favorite TV Bromance - Winner