Tall and athletic with a winning smile, this Texas native came to Hollywood after winning a nationwide contest to be a presenter on the 1999 Teen Choice Awards. The very next year, he landed a role on the Gilmore Girls as Rory's beau and won a strong female fan base. In 2005, his growing popularity led to a starring role on the eerie sci-fi series Supernatural. Feature film roles followed with parts in such horror flicks as House of Wax, Cry Wolf and the Friday the 13th remake. Off-screen, he found romance with Supernatural costar Geneieve Cortese.
- Started taking acting lessons when he was 12.
- Won a Claim to Fame contest in 1999 that sent him to the first Teen Choice Awards where he was noticed by an agent.
- Was a candidate for the Presidential Scholars Program in 2000.
- Planned to attend the University of Texas but changed his mind when he won the role of Dean on Gilmore Girls.
- Received information about mythology to prep him for Supernatural from his mom, Sherri, who is a high school heroes, myths and legends teacher.
- 2014, People's Choice Awards — Favorite TV Bromance: Winner
- Sandra McCoy — Ex-fiancée
- Genevieve Cortese — Wife
- Shepherd Padalecki — Son
- Thomas Colton Padalecki — Son
- Jeff Padalecki — Brother
- Megan Padalecki — Sister
- Jerry Padalecki — Father
- Sherri Padalecki — Mother
- Birth Name: Jared Tristan Padalecki
- Birth Place: San Antonio, Texas, United States
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Carl might be on his way to the Big Pudding Can in the Sky