- His mother was married to actor Rex Harrison for most of his childhood.
- Left Britain to attended college in the United States.
- Was not interested in pursuing acting as a career until he began performing in plays during college.
- Performed with the Royal Shakespeare Company after graduation.
- Made his film debut in The Rachel Papers (1989), which was written and directed by his brother Damian Harris.
- In 2001, starred in the New Jersey Shakespeare Festival's production of Hamlet, which used digital technology to feature his dad, Richard Harris, as the ghost of Hamlet's father.
- 2008, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2010, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2012, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2016, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Guest Performer in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2009, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Acting Ensemble: Nominee
- 2009, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Winner
- 2012, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Emilia Fox — Ex-wife
- Dermot Harris — Uncle
- Allegra Riggio — Wife
- Elizabeth Rees — Mother
- Damian Harris — Brother
- Jamie Harris — Brother
- Richard Harris — Father
- Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, United States (BFA in Drama, 1984)
- Birth Name: Jared Francis Harris
- Birth Place: London, England
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The Walking Dead returns to a mysterious colony with a lot of guns