- Eloped at 14 with her childhood sweetheart, but the marriage was annulled soon after.
- Was an exceptional student and graduated from high school at 15.
- Was discovered by actress Norma Shearer; left college and signed with MGM.
- Cast by Alfred Hitchcock as the femme fatale in his landmark thriller Psycho, where it's curtains for her in the famous shower scene.
- Although known as "Hollywood's Perfect Couple," she and actor Tony Curtis ended their marriage after 11 years due to his admitted infidelities.
- Published her autobiography, There Really Was a Hollywood, in 1984; cowrote Psycho: Behind the Scenes of the Classic Thriller in 1995; also published two novels.
- Was presented with an Honorary Doctor of Fine Arts degree by University of the Pacific in 2004.
- 1961, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Winner
- 1960, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- Frederick Robert Morrison — Father
- Jamie Lee Curtis — Daughter
- John Carlyle — Ex-husband
- Stanley Reames — Ex-husband
- Robert Brandt — Husband
- Helen Lita Westergard Morrison — Mother
- Kelly Curtis — Daughter
- Tony Curtis — Ex-husband
- Attended University of the Pacific, Stockton, California, United States
- Birth Name: Jeanette Helen Morrison
- Birth Place: Merced, California, United States
- Birthday: July 6, 1927, Cancer
- Died: October 3, 2004
- Profession: Actor, Author
Trending TonightSee all »
And one of Judith Light's most embarrassing moments