- Became interested in acting while performing in a 7th-grade stage production of Pinocchio.
- Studied political science in college before focusing on acting.
- Early in stage career, worked as a preschool teacher at Tompkins Hall Nursery School in New York City while waiting to land parts in plays.
- Made Broadway debut as Dierdre McDavey in Paul Rudnick's I Hate Hamlet. She earned an Outer Critics Circle Award for Best Debut Performance, a Theatre World Award and a Drama Desk nomination for Outstanding Featured Actress (Play) for the role.
- 1994, Tony — Actress (Featured Role--Play): Winner
- 2010, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 2000, Sundance Film Festival — Special Jury Prize for Outstanding Ensemble Performance (Dramatic): Winner
- William — Father
- Janice — Mother
- Attended University of Washington, Seattle, WA; attended Cornish College of the Arts, Seattle, WA; The Juilliard School, New York, NY (BFA in Drama, 1989)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Place: Washington, DC
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Carl might be on his way to the Big Pudding Can in the Sky
Yoga for Seniors with Jane Adams (2nd edition): Improve Balance, Strength & Flexibility with Gentle Senior Yoga, now with 3 complete practices.
By White Cliff ProductionsBuy New: $14.95
Gentle Yoga with Jane Adams: A Complete Beginning Yoga Practice for Midlife (40's - 70's) to Increase Strength, Flexibility, Balance, Good Posture,...
By Jane AdamsBuy New: $14.95
- Buy New: $13.95