- Learned how to play the guitar at the age of 12 after studying cello when he was younger.
- Dropped out of school at 16 to form his first band.
- Released his self-titled debut solo album in the UK at the end of 1968, and in the U.S. in February 1969.
- Released his second album, Sweet Baby James, in February of 1970, which garnered much critical acclaim and spawned the hit "Fire and Rain."
- Heralded as the founder of the singer-songwriter movement in pop music, he appeared on the cover of Time magazine in 1971.
- Forayed into acting with Beach Boy Dennis Wilson in the unsuccessful but well-reviewed film Two-Lane Blacktop (1971).
- Was honored by Billboard Magazine with the Century Award, their highest accolade, in October of 1998.
- Inducted into both the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2000.
- Has received honorary doctorates of music from the Berklee College of Music (1995) and Williams College (2009).
- A long-standing member of the Natural Resources Defense Council's board of trustees.
- 1971, Grammy — Best Pop Vocal Performance - Male: Winner
- 2009, Grammy — Best Classical Crossover Album: Winner
- 1977, Grammy — Best Pop Vocal Performance - Male: Winner
- 2003, Grammy — Best Country Collaboration With Vocals: Winner
- 1997, Grammy — Best Pop Album: Winner
- 1978, Tony — Score: Nominee
- 2001, Grammy — Best Male Pop Vocal Performance: Winner
- 2004, CMT Music Awards — Flameworthy Collaborative Video of the Year: Nominee
- Kate Taylor — Sister
- Hugh Taylor — Brother
- Sally Taylor — Daughter
- Dr. Isaac M. Taylor — Father
- Alex Taylor — Brother
- Rufus Taylor — Son
- Gertrude Taylor — Mother
- Caroline "Kim" Smedvig — Wife
- Henry Taylor — Son
- Livingston Taylor — Brother
- Carly Simon — Ex-wife
- Ben Taylor — Son
- Kathryn Walker — Ex-wife
Season 2, Episode 22
- Birth Name: James Vernon Taylor
- Birth Place: Boston, MA
- Birthday: March 12, 1948, Pisces
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter, Musician
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: