Quick with a quip and overflowing with manic energy, this stage-trained actor boasts a goofy appeal. After making his film debut in the little-seen 1999 indie Coming Soon, Roday worked on New York stages before turning to the small screen. Although his wit and charm made him a natural for TV, he suffered through a string of flops (Ryan Caulfield: Year One, Miss Match, First Years) before finding his niche as an amateur detective posing as a psychic on the cable crimedy Psych. He also branched out into mainstream movies, appearing as the pompous, racecar-driving villain in the big-screen adaptation of The Dukes of Hazzard and cowriting the 2006 horror flick Skinwalkers.
- Was a high-school quarterback, but later dropped sports to focus on acting.
- Father was a military man who organized VIP visits and escorted luminaries, including Jimmy Carter.
- Was named one of People magazine's 100 Most Beautiful People in 2007.
- Maggie Lawson — Significant Other
- New York University, New York, NY
- Birth Name: James Roday Rodriguez
- Birth Place: San Antonio, TX
- Birthday: April 4, 1976, Aries
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating:
Trending TonightSee all »
By Mahalo StudiosBuy New: $9.99
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. America's Got Talent: Season 10 Premiere
- 5. Empire: Pilot
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. Wayward Pines: Don't Discuss Your Life Before