- Grew up in Carville, LA, a town on the Mississippi River named for his grandfather, who was its postmaster.
- As a teen, he worked on his first political campaign for a car dealer running for the Louisiana state legislature.
- Served in the United States Marine Corps from 1966 to 1968.
- Taught eighth-grade science in rural Louisiana.
- Has appeared as himself on Mad About You, Spin City, The Family Guy and Arli$$. Played a prosecutor in Milos Forman's 1996 film The People vs. Larry Flynt. Had a cameo in the 2005 comedy Wedding Crashers.
- Both he and his wife, GOP stalwart Mary Matalin, hosted CNN's raucous Crossfire, but not at the same time.
- A prolific author, his books include such New York Times best sellers as We're Right, They're Wrong (1996), and a children's book, Lu and the Swamp Ghost (2004).
- In 2009, joined the faculty of Tulane University to teach political science.
- Bonnie — Sister
- Emerson "Emma" Normand Carville — Daughter
- Gail — Sister
- Matalin "Matty" Carville — Daughter
- Bill Carville — Brother
- Mary Anne — Sister
- Mary Matalin — Wife
- Chester James Carville — Father
- Pat — Sister
- Angela — Sister
- Lucille Norman Carville — Mother
- Steve Carville — Brother
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA (BS 1970; D.Law 1973)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Chester James Carville Jr.
- Birth Place: Fort Benning, GA
- Profession: Political consultant, Author, Television commentator, Educator
Trending TonightSee all »
March Madness, The Blacklist: Redemption and more
By Charlie RoseBuy New: $24.95
By "Charlie Rose, Inc."Buy New: $24.95