This Southern belle was a dancer and gymnast before her stunning beauty landed her a teen modeling contract. Pressly segued to acting in 1997 with a few small film parts, but 1998 proved more fruitful with a role on the short-lived series Push. Although she fared better with her next show, Jack & Jill, it too was canceled after two seasons. A favorite pinup of men's magazines, the athletic blond appeared in a succession of lowbrow teen comedies, often playing a bitch, or white trash, or both — a talent that was tapped for the sitcom My Name Is Earl in which she played the title character's scheming ex. After Earl wrapped, Pressly took some time off to spend with her son and husband.
- Began modeling at 13 and was soon appearing on the covers of several teen magazines.
- Was legally---and amicably---emancipated from her parents at age 15 so she could take a modeling job in Japan.
- Posed nude in a 1997 issue of Playboy after her film debut in Poison Ivy 3.
- Appeared in Marilyn Manson's 2002 video for "Tainted Love."
- Launched her own clothing line, J'aime, in 2003.
- Dislikes performing love scenes and believes even a stage kiss is too intimate.
- Is a self-described tomboy.
- 2007, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Winner
- 2006, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2008, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 2005, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2006, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- Eric Cubiche — Ex-fiancé
- Dezi James Calvo — Son
- Simran Singh — Ex-husband
- James Liston Pressly — Father
- Simon Rex — Ex-significant Other
- Hamzi Hijazi — Significant Other
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Place: Kinston, NC
- Birthday: July 30, 1977, Leo
- Profession: Actor, Model
- User Rating: