- Prior to marrying each other, both of his parents had children that they were forced to abandon amid the Chinese Civil War and World War II.
- Father's true family name is Fang, and his parents adopted his mother's family name, Chan, to protect themselves from the new Communist government. His parents were reunited with their lost children through research for the documentary Traces of a Dragon: Jackie Chan and His Lost Family.
- Attended the strict China Drama Academy from age 7 to 17. Students were instructed in acting, singing, martial arts and acrobatics.
- Received the nickname "Jackie" from a coworker while working construction in Australia.
- Performs virtually all of his own stunts and has hurt himself countless times on film shoots. He has a permanent hole in his skull from one such injury.
- Very active for various charities and is a UNICEF Ambassador.
- 1990, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Foreign Film: Nominee
- 2005, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Editing: Nominee
- 2011, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Action Star: Winner
- Lee-lee Chan — Mother
- Jaycee Chan — Son
- Fang Shide — Half Brother
- Lin Feng-Jiao — Wife
- Fang Shisheng — Half Brother
- Chen Guilan — Half Sister
- Charles Chan — Father
- Chen Yulan — Half Sister
- Birth Name: ???
- Birth Place: Hong Kong
- Profession: Actor, Director, Producer, Stunts, Writer, Singer
Trending TonightSee all »
TVGuide.com editors break down theories about what's coming up on The Walking Dead