- Contracted tuberculosis when he was 14, and dropped out of school at 16.
- Overcame a stuttering problem to become a successful radio announcer.
- During WWII, entertained the troops overseas after being drafted.
- Made national headlines in 1960 after he walked off The Tonight Show when NBC censored a joke about a "water closet." He returned three weeks later.
- Had performance footage of the Beatles on his NBC variety series a month before their breakthrough appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show.
- 1958, Emmy — Best Continuing Performance (Male) in a Series by a Comedian, Singer, Host, Dancer, M.C., Announcer, Narrator, Panelist, or any : Nominee
- 1959, Emmy — Best Performance by an Actor (Continuing Character) in a Musical or Variety Series: Nominee
- Howard Paar — Father
- Lillian Paar — Mother
- Randy Paar — Daughter
- Miriam Wagner Paar — Wife
Trending TonightSee all »
By Shout FactoryUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $29.95 (as of 5:02 PM UTC - more info)
By Shout FactoryUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $18.99 (as of 5:02 PM UTC - more info)