- Earned a football scholarship to New York University.
- Before he decided to become an actor, he worked as an engineer in Persia, was a merchant-marine officer and managed an art school.
- Painted as a hobby and had his work exhibited in New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art and Museum of Modern Art.
- Worked as a Cadillac salesman to support himself while studying acting at the Neighborhood Playhouse in New York.
- Was considered for the role of Capt. Kirk on Star Trek.
- Insisted, against the wishes of CBS, that Hawaii Five-O be filmed entirely on location.
- Ellen Josephine Ryan — Mother
- William Lawrence Ryan — Father
- Marie Lord — Wife
- New York University, New York, NY (BS, 1954)
- Birth Name: John Joseph Patrick Ryan
- Birth Place: Brooklyn, NY
- Birthday: December 30, 1920, Capricorn
- Died: January 21, 1998
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
And one of Judith Light's most embarrassing moments