- Earned a football scholarship to New York University.
- Before he decided to become an actor, he worked as an engineer in Persia, was a merchant-marine officer and managed an art school.
- Painted as a hobby and had his work exhibited in New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art and Museum of Modern Art.
- Worked as a Cadillac salesman to support himself while studying acting at the Neighborhood Playhouse in New York.
- Was considered for the role of Capt. Kirk on Star Trek.
- Insisted, against the wishes of CBS, that Hawaii Five-O be filmed entirely on location.
- William Lawrence Ryan — Father
- Ellen Josephine Ryan — Mother
- Marie Lord — Wife
- New York University, New York, NY (BS, 1954)
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 7. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative