Jack La Lanne Celebrity
- Was nicknamed Jack by his older brother.
- Often referred to as the "godfather of fitness."
- As a scrawny, unhealthy teenager, changed his lifestyle after attending a lecture by pioneer nutritionist Paul Bragg.
- Stopped eating sugar in 1930.
- Graduated from chiropractic school and opened his first health spa in 1936.
- From 1951 to '85, hosted The Jack LaLanne Show, which became the first nationally syndicated exercise program.
- Swam from Alcatraz to Fisherman's Wharf at age 60 while handcuffed, shackled and towing a 1,000-pound boat.
- Exercised daily until he died.
- Yvonne LaLanne — Daughter
- Norman LaLanne — Brother
- Jean LaLanne — Father
- Elaine LaLanne — Wife
- Daniel Doyle — Stepson
- Janet Doyle — Stepdaughter
- Irma Navarre LaLanne — Ex-wife
- Jennie LaLanne — Mother
- Jon Allen LaLanne — Son