Jacinda Barrett broke through in 2006 with a trio of plucky Hollywood big-screen roles: a single mom in the action flick Poseidon, a nerd's dream girl in the comedy School for Scoundrels and a jilted pregnant woman in the drama The Last Kiss. Born in Australia, she left her homeland at 17 to work as a model in Europe. She first came to prominence on the small screen on the London incarnation of Real World, charming viewers with her long legs and penchant for streaking, and snagging fellow MTV personality Chris Hardwick as her fiancé (although she ended up marrying actor Gabriel Macht in 2004). Barrett went on to train at the British Academy of Dramatic Art and began landing acting roles in the late '90s. While her subsequent TV projects were short-lived (D.C., Citizen Baines), a small but pivotal role in the film The Human Stain (as a sweet Midwestern student whose boyfriend has a dark secret) earned her critical kudos. She went on to tackle other film roles, including Zach Braff's girlfriend in 2006's The Last Kiss. In August 2007, Barrett and Macht welcomed their first child, a daughter named Satine Anais Geraldine Macht.
- Has a private pilot's license.
- Turned down the part of Sarah Moyer in Halloween: Resurrection.
- Enjoys skydiving.
- 2007, Australian Film Institute Awards — International Award for Best Actress: Nominee
- Chris Hardwick — Ex-fiancé
- Gabriel Macht — Husband
- Michael Barrett — Brother
- Luca Macht — Son
- Gerry Barrett — Father
- Lyn Barrett — Mother
- Satine Anais Geraldine Macht — Daughter
- Attended British American Drama Academy, Oxford, England