Unlike his Beverly Hills, 90210 costars who struggled to stay in the public eye post-cancellation, this affable actor only took occasional roles, seemingly happy to rest on his reputation as a '90s heartthrob. As a teen, Ziering appeared on soaps before rocketing to fame along with the rest of the fresh-faced 90210 cast. During his 10-year tenure as a cocky but kindhearted high schooler on the hit series, he married Playboy Playmate Nikki Schieler and did voice-over work for animated series such as The Mighty Ducks and Batman Beyond. In the '00s, Ziering divorced, popped up on the small screen every once in a while and poked fun at his image with an uproarious cameo as a nasty version of himself in the 2005 actioner Domino. Two years later, he took on his highest-profile project in years when he signed on to the fourth season of Dancing With the Stars, making it to the semifinals with two-time champ Cheryl Burke.
- Appeared in his first national commercial at age 12.
- Made his Broadway debut in the 1981 musical I Remember Mama.
- Cowrote the story for the 1995 Beverly Hills, 90210 episode "Sentenced to Life," which included an Emmy-nominated guest appearance by Milton Berle (the only Emmy nod the show received in its 10 seasons).
- Met former wife and 1997 Playboy Playmate Nikki Schieler when she appeared as an extra on Beverly Hills, 90210 in 1995.
- In 2004, began part-time employment as a control specialist in California's judicial system.
- Auditioned in 2007 to succeed Bob Barker as the host of The Price Is Right, but the job ultimately went to Drew Carey.
- Has lent his voice to animated series such as Biker Mice From Mars, The Mighty Ducks and Godzilla.
- Mia Loren Ziering — Daughter
- Penna Mae Ziering — Daughter
- Paul Ziering — Father
- Nikki Ziering — Ex-wife
- Micki Ziering — Mother
- Erin Kristine Ludwig — Wife
- William Paterson College, Wayne, NJ (BA in Dramatic Arts, 1987)
- Birth Name: Ian Andrew Ziering
- Birth Place: Newark, NJ
- Birthday: March 30, 1964, Aries
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating: