- During his 13-year NFL career, was selected to the Pro Bowl eight times and chosen as the NFL's Defensive Lineman of the Year twice. Earned a Super Bowl title in 1983.
- Joined Fox Sports in 1994; won an Emmy in 1997 for Outstanding Sports Personality/Analyst.
- Trained with smoke jumpers (firefighters who battle forest fires) for his starring role in the 1998 film Firestorm.
- Was enshrined in Pro Football's Hall of Fame on July 29, 2000.
- Was named the 2001 Man of the Year by the Walter Camp Foundation because of his charity work. Charities he's worked with include the United Way, the Mental Health Association and the Boys and Girls Clubs of America.
- Was a spokesman for Radio Shack, doing a popular series of commercials with Teri Hatcher; has endorsed a variety of products, including those for Nike, Hanes and Chevrolet.
- Is the author of Football for Dummies.
- Founded the Howie Long Classic, a charity golf tournament, which raises money for students in need of financial aid at his alma mater, Villanova University.
- Eldest son Chris also became a professional football player.
- Howard Long Jr. — Son
- Elizabeth Mullen — Grandmother
- Diane Long — Wife
- Christopher "Chris" Long — Son
- Kyle Long — Son
- Villanova University, Villanova, PA (BA in Communication, 1981)
- Birth Name: Howard Michael Long
- Birth Place: Somerville, MA
- Birthday: January 9, 1960, Capricorn
- Profession: Sports analyst, Former NFL player, Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The Pretty Little Liars star and creator recall their wildest -- and sometimes incredilbly uncomfortable -- encounters with fans