- Both her parents were Egyptian.
- After college, moved to Cairo to stay with relatives and ended up getting a job with CBS in their Egyptian offices as a news assistant.
- Worked as an anchor for WWL, a CBS affiliate in New Orleans, from 1992 to '98.
- Joined Dateline NBC as a correspondent in 1998.
- Survived breast cancer in 2007.
- Spoke at her alma mater Virginia Tech's graduation ceremonies in 2008.
- Wrote the autobiography Hoda: How I Survived War Zones, Bad Hair, Cancer, and Kathie Lee in 2010.
- Burzis Kanga — Ex-husband
- Sami Kotb — Mother
- Jay Blumenkopf — Ex-significant Other
- Adel Kotb — Brother
- A.K. Kotb — Father
- Hala — Sister
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA (BA in Broadcast Journalism, 1986)
Season 16, Episode 3
- Birth Place: Norman, OK
- Birthday: August 9, 1964, Leo
- Profession: Television personality
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: