- Both her parents were Egyptian.
- After college, moved to Cairo to stay with relatives and ended up getting a job with CBS in their Egyptian offices as a news assistant.
- Worked as an anchor for WWL, a CBS affiliate in New Orleans, from 1992 to '98.
- Joined Dateline NBC as a correspondent in 1998.
- Survived breast cancer in 2007.
- Spoke at her alma mater Virginia Tech's graduation ceremonies in 2008.
- Wrote the autobiography Hoda: How I Survived War Zones, Bad Hair, Cancer, and Kathie Lee in 2010.
- Adel Kotb — Brother
- Jay Blumenkopf — Ex-significant Other
- A.K. Kotb — Father
- Burzis Kanga — Ex-husband
- Sami Kotb — Mother
- Hala — Sister
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA (BA in Broadcast Journalism, 1986)
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 7. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative