- Her father was a lieutenant commander in the Navy and helped design Gillette razors and scuba diving gear.
- First met her husband at age 14 and married him a few years later after the two reconnected at a friend's wedding.
- Surgery to remove a tumor paralyzed her face, but she learned to work through it and continued to pursue acting.
- Entered college with plans to study both acting and genetics until she realized acting was her true passion.
- While a senior in college, she performed in an off-Broadway production of Song Night In The City.
- Before creating the role of lawyer Nora Hanen on the ABC soap opera One Life to Live in 1992, she had prior daytime television experience as Kit on The Doctors and as a recast for female cop Margo Hughes on As the World Turns.
- Won the Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series in 1994 and was nominated for the same award in 2000.
- Philip Webster Smith III — Husband
- Rebecca Halsell — Sister
- Philip Webster Smith IV — Son
- Jean Bolleyn Bodell Tweedy — Mother
- Courtney Smith — Daughter
- Chapman Bailey Greeley — Sister
- Vincent Bailey — Father
- Jay Bailey Hynes — Sister
- Attended Pine Manor College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, United States; Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville, New York, United States
- Birth Name: Hillary Converse Bailey
- Birth Place: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Can the Time After Time stars, who were nearly unrecognizable with facial hair, recognize other actors by only seeing their facial hair?