- Began performing at an early age, appearing in commercials at age 2, and becoming a member of the Seattle Pacific Ballet at 10.
- Won two Daytime Emmys for Outstanding Younger Actress for The Young and the Restless, first in 1993 and again in 1999.
- She and her brother, David Tom, were the first siblings to receive Emmy nominations in the same year; they were nominated in the Outstanding Younger Actor and Actress categories in 2000.
- Became fluent in sign language for her starring role in the play Gila, which she also produced.
- Her interest in political causes has led her to work with organizations such as Rock the Vote and sheVotes.org.
- In 2012, was the first woman to win the Daytime Emmy for Best Lead Actress after previously winning for Supporting Actress and Outstanding Younger Actress.
- Has an interest in design and eventually formed an interior-design firm called Jane Doe Designs with James Achor, whom she married in 2011.
- David Tom — Brother
- James Achor — Husband
- Zane Alexander Achor — Son
- Charles Tom — Father
- Nicholle Tom — Sister
- Marie Tom — Mother
- Birth Place: Hinsdale, IL
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Carl might be on his way to the Big Pudding Can in the Sky