- Modeling career ended in 1993 when she was hit by a police motorcycle; she suffered a punctured lung, broken ribs and pelvis fractures and had her left leg amputated below the knee.
- Proceeds from Out on a Limb, her 1995 autobiography (which was re-released in 2002 as A Single Step), were donated to Adopt-A-Minefield., which works to clear land mines and help landmine survivors.
- Work with Adopt-A-Minefield led to her meeting future husband Paul McCartney at a 1999 charity event for the Heather Mills Health Trust, which campaigns against land mines and recycles prosthetic limbs.
- Serves as a United Nations Goodwill Ambassador; has also campaigned for the animal-rights organization People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
- In acrimonious divorce proceedings that spurred countless tabloid headlines, Mills accused McCartney of physically abusing her, and reportedly requested alimony payments equivalent to nearly $7 million a year, or about $19,000 a day.
- Was paired with professional ballroom dancer Jonathan Roberts for the fourth season of ABC's Dancing With the Stars.
- Beatrice Finlay — Mother
- Paul McCartney — Ex-husband
- Shane Mills — Brother
- Charles Stapley — Stepfather
- Mark Mills — Father
- Fiona Mills — Sister
- Alfie Karmal — Ex-husband
- Beatrice Milly McCartney — Daughter
- Jamie Walker — Significant Other
- Birth Name: Heather Anne Mills
- Birth Place: Washington, Tyne and Wear, England
- Profession: Model, Activist, Author, Reality show contestant
Trending TonightSee all »
The CW's Riverdale gang is a lot like these Dawson's Creek characters