Although they began their careers around the same time, younger sister Hilary became a teen idol years before Haylie made her mark. The senior Duff started out as a singer-songwriter, but quickly added acting to her résumé with a handful of film and TV appearances, including a two-episode stint on Lizzie McGuire
, Hilary's hit Disney Channel series. The part of popular pretty girl Summer in the 2004 cult comedy Napoleon Dynamite
got her some attention sans sibling (and a Teen Choice Award), as did a recurring role as a pregnant college student on the last two seasons of long-running family drama 7th Heaven
. Since then, Duff has starred in a number of direct-to-DVD movies, including the thriller Backwoods
and the black comedy Legacy
.Haylie Duff Fast Facts:
- Studied ballet from an early age in Texas.
- Prime-time guest appearances early in her acting career included Chicago Hope, Boston Public and Third Watch.
- Co-wrote two songs on sister Hilary's 2003 debut album, Metamorphosis, as well as one track on her 2007 release, Dignity.
- Joined Hilary to portray the Shangri-Las on an episode of NBC's American Dreams in 2003.
- Appeared in commercials for Mattel's Barbie and Hershey's Ice Breakers.
- Enrolled in the Harvard Extension School through the Distance Learning Program in 2005.
- Starred in two movies from the Hallmark Channel's popular Love Comes Softly Saga in 2009: Love Finds a Home and Love Takes Wing.
- Haylie Duff Relationships:
- Hilary Duff - Sister
- Bob Duff - Father
- Susan Duff - Mother
- Matt Rosenberg - Fiancé
- Nick Zano - Ex-significant Other