- His father's family owned an airplane parts factory.
- Often referred to as the Japanese Walt Disney.
- Founded his own animation studio, Studio Ghibli, in 1985.
- Established himself in Western culture with the U.S. release of Princess Mononoke (1997), which won Best Picture in Japan and set Japanese box-office records.
- Refused to attend the 2003 Academy Awards as a protest to U.S. involvement in Iraq.
- Favors hand-drawn animation over computer generation
- 2013, Oscar — Best Animated Feature Film: Nominee
- 2003, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Film not in the English Language: Nominee
- 0, — :
- 2005, Oscar — Best Animated Feature Film: Nominee
- 2014, Oscar — Honorary Award: Winner
- Keisuke Miyazaki — Son
- Goro Miyazaki — Son
- Akemi Ota — Wife
- Gakushuin University, Mejiro, Tokyo, Japan (BS in Political Science and Economics, 1963)
Trending TonightSee all »
By Studio GhibliUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $18.69 (as of 10:27 AM UTC - more info)
By McFarlandUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $23.75 (as of 10:27 AM UTC - more info)
- Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $59.99 (as of 10:27 AM UTC - more info)