- Began acting in plays while in kindergarten.
- Served in the U.S. Navy during WWII.
- Attempted to find work on Broadway for 13 years; then moved to Hollywood.
- Voiced the Great Gazoo on The Flintstones.
- Big break came in 1964 when he landed a regular role on The Danny Kaye Show.
- Appeared on The Carol Burnett Show for 10 years beginning in 1967 and won four Emmys.
- Appeared in four Mel Brooks movies, most notably as Hedley Lamarr in Blazing Saddles (1974).
- In later years, toured the U.S. with Tim Conway in a two-man comedy show.
- 1973, Emmy — Outstanding Achievement by a Supporting Performer in Music or Variety: Nominee
- 1974, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 1969, Emmy — Special Classifications of Individual Achievements: Winner
- 1976, Emmy — Outstanding Continuing or Single Performance by a Supporting Actor in Variety or Music: Nominee
- 1973, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 1972, Golden Globe — Actor in a Supporting Role - Series or Television Movie: Nominee
- 1975, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Winner
- 1971, Emmy — Special Classification of Outstanding Program and Individual Achievement - Individuals: Winner
- 1972, Emmy — Outstanding Achievement by a Performer in Music or Variety: Winner
- 1974, Emmy — Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy-Variety, Variety or Music Series: Winner
- 1977, Emmy — Outstanding Continuing or Single Performance by a Supporting Actor in Variety or Music: Nominee
- Cyril Korman — Father
- Donna Elhart — Ex-wife
- Laura Korman — Daughter
- Ellen Korman — Mother
- Maria Korman — Daughter
- Christopher Korman — Son
- Deborah Fritz Korman — Wife
- Katherine Korman — Daughter
- Goodman School of Drama, Chicago, IL (BFA in Acting, 1950)
Next On TVSee all »
Sat Jan 28 12:00pmSeason 6, Episode 7 POPI’ll Watch12 Watching
- Birth Name: Harvey Herschel Korman
- Birth Place: Chicago, IL
- Died: May 29, 2008
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
We went to Puppy Bowl XIII to speak to the puppies directly about the allegations of certain players illegally eating adult dog food instead of puppy food, the dirtiest fouls to ever stink up the field and so much more
By Archive of American Television - EMMYTVLEGENDS.ORGBuy New: $29.95