- His parents met in Havana after they fled their respective home countries following Adolf Hitler's rise to power.
- Played Eddie Haskell in the Leave It to Beaver pilot, but was replaced by Ken Osmond.
- Post-college, he taught high school in Los Angeles. He also worked as a stringer for Newsweek and covered the 1965 Watts Riots for the magazine.
- Member of Credibility Gap, a comedy group from the early '70s.
- Was cast on The Simpsons by series creator Matt Groening, a longtime fan of Shearer's work. Over the years, Shearer has voiced up to 22 characters an episode, including Mr. Burns, Ned Flanders and Principal Skinner.
- Published his first novel, Not Enough Indians—a farcical take on Native American-owned casinos—in 2006.
- Hosts Le Show, a weekly comedy series on public radio.
- 1980, Emmy — Outstanding Writing in a Variety or Music Program: Nominee
- 1978, Emmy — Outstanding Writing in a Comedy-Variety or Music Series: Nominee
- 2014, Emmy — Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance: Winner
- 2009, Emmy — Outstanding Voice-Over Performance: Nominee
- Mack Shearer — Father
- Judith Owen — Wife
- Dora Warren — Mother
- Penelope Joyce Nichols — Ex-wife
- University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA (BA in Political Science, 1964); attended Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
Trending TonightSee all »
Charlie Rose with Stanley Karnow, H.D.S. Greenway, Frances Fitzgerald, Kevin Buckley, Sidney Schanberg, David Michaelis, Harry Shearer, and N.C....
By Charlie Rose, IncUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $24.95 (as of 9:46 PM UTC - more info)
Charlie Rose with Gavan Daws, Otto Schwartz & Richard Gordon; Jim Dwyer, Gretchen Buchenholz & Theresa McGovern; Martin Charnin, Harry Shearer & Lisa...
By Charlie RoseUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $24.95 (as of 9:46 PM UTC - more info)