The daughter of actress Blythe Danner and the late producer and director Bruce Paltrow, this lithe and lovely lady is as well known for her romances as her acting. Paltrow started out in a variety of supporting movie roles in the early '90s and got her first dose of fame when she started dating her Se7en costar Brad Pitt. The high-profile couple was the epitome of new Hollywood glamour, but the relationship ended in 1997 shortly before Paltrow's career took off. In 1998, she appeared in four diverse films: the English time-tripping drama Sliding Doors, the thriller A Perfect Murder, the melodrama Hush, and the delightful romance Shakespeare in Love, in which Paltrow played the Bard's muse with an impeccable British accent. Not only did she earn awards and critical praise for that role, she found love with costar Ben Affleck. Though their highly publicized relationship ended after a year, the two remained friendly enough to costar in the drama Bounce (2000). After being directed by her father in his film, Duets, she found herself coping with his sudden death in 2002. As she dealt with the loss, she turned in emotional performances in the high-minded dramas Sylvia (2003) and Proof (2005). She also struck up a romance with Coldplay front man Chris Martin, and the two married and began a family. While focusing on her domestic life, she chose supporting parts in films such as Running with Scissors (2006) and Infamous (2006). She returned to the limelight with parts in the blockbuster Iron Man (2008) and the quieter Two Lovers (2009). Off-screen, she spends her time enjoying the role of wife to a busy musician and mother to her daughter, Apple, and her son, Moses.
- Debuted her singing talents in Duets (2000), a film directed by her father.
- Signed a multiyear contract with Estee Lauder to appear in a new global print and TV ad campaign for Pleasures fragrance.
- Starred in her brother Jake's directorial debut, The Good Night, in 2007.
- Joined chef Mario Batali for a 2008 travel PBS television series called Spain... On the Road Again
- In 2009, launched a lifestyle website called Goop.com.
- 2011, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series: Winner
- 1998, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role: Winner
- 2006, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: Nominee
- 2013, Emmy — Outstanding Informational Series or Special: Nominee
- 2014, Critics' Choice Movie Awards — Best Actress in an Action Movie: Nominee
- 1999, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Winner
- 1998, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Actress in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 1998, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: Winner
- 2002, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Acting Ensemble: Nominee
- 2010, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Female Lead: Nominee
- 1998, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Winner
- Apple Blythe Alison Martin — Daughter
- Ben Affleck — Ex-significant Other
- Katherine Moennig — Cousin
- Hillary Danner — Cousin
- Blythe Danner — Mother
- Chris Martin — Husband (separated)
- Donovan Leitch — Ex-fiancé
- Brad Pitt — Ex-fiancé
- Jake Paltrow — Brother
- Moses Martin — Son
- Bruce Paltrow — Father
- Attended University of California, Santa Barbara, California, United States
- Birth Name: Gwyneth Kate Paltrow
- Birth Place: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Birthday: September 28, 1972, Libra
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating: