- Informed her mother that she wanted to be an actress at age 14.
- Has written plays that have been produced at the Minor Latham Playhouse, the Columbia University Graduate School of the Arts, the Lion Theatre at Theatre Row Studios and the Dorset Playhouse.
- Was a writer-in-residence at Vassar College and New York Stage & Film's Powerhouse Theater Festival.
- Contributed real voice mails that she'd left for then-boyfriend Chris Wells to the 2006 film LOL.
- 2014, Critics' Choice Movie Awards — Best Actress in a Comedy: Nominee
- 2011, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Female Lead: Nominee
- 2014, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical: Nominee
- C. Mason Wells — Ex-significant Other
- Gordon Gerwig — Father
- Christine Sauer Gerwig — Mother
- Noah Baumbach — Significant Other
- Columbia University, Barnard College, New York, New York, United States (BA in English and Philosophy, 2006)
- Birth Name: Greta Celeste Gerwig
- Birth Place: Sacramento, California, United States
- Birthday: August 4, 1983, Leo
- Profession: Actor, Playwright
Trending TonightSee all »
Everyone's most recent TV obsession was the hot topic on the Emmys red carpet