- Informed her mother that she wanted to be an actress at age 14.
- Has written plays that have been produced at the Minor Latham Playhouse, the Columbia University Graduate School of the Arts, the Lion Theatre at Theatre Row Studios and the Dorset Playhouse.
- Was a writer-in-residence at Vassar College and New York Stage & Film's Powerhouse Theater Festival.
- Contributed real voice mails that she'd left for then-boyfriend Chris Wells to the 2006 film LOL.
- 2011, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Female Lead: Nominee
- 2014, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical: Nominee
- 2014, Critics' Choice Movie Awards — Best Actress in a Comedy: Nominee
- Christine Sauer Gerwig — Mother
- Gordon Gerwig — Father
- C. Mason Wells — Ex-significant Other
- Noah Baumbach — Significant Other
- Columbia University, Barnard College, New York, New York, United States (BA in English and Philosophy, 2006)
- Birth Name: Greta Celeste Gerwig
- Birth Place: Sacramento, California, United States
- Birthday: August 4, 1983, Leo
- Profession: Actor, Playwright
Trending TonightSee all »
It doesn't depend on a boyfriend